With over 135 years of engineering, manufacturing, repair and field experience, Horsburgh & Scott has created an exciting new curriculum for everyone involved in plant maintenance – from engineers to maintenance personnel, plant managers and reliability professionals. Our 2 day course is designed to help you keep your operation up and running efficiently. We will feature hands-on, practical learning from the experts in the industry.
- Potential Causes of Concern
- Inspecting Tooth Face Contact and Isolating Causes for Improper Contact
- Troubleshooting Surface Distress On Gear & Pinion Teeth including Contributing Factors
- Isolating the Causes of Elevated Noise Levels in Drives
- Trouble Shooting Temperature Variables in Drives
- How to Inspect Bearings, End Plays and Float
- Understanding Backlash
- Identifying Oil Leaks and Root Cause
- Gear Theory and Calculations
The Timken Company
Nigel Los has 40 years of application engineering experience in heavy industry applications primarily in the metals industry. He worked 20 years for several major metal rolling mill OEMs and has been with The Timken Company as a mechanical power transmission and bearing application specialist for the past 20 years.